05 June, 2016

Rest in Peace, ZippCast. 1 March 2014 - 10 June 2016.

As you may or may not have seen, ZippCast is dead. This is a tragedy to me, but it's just a video sharing website. The world will keep turning. So far, as of 10 June, 2016, the servers are being shut down and you will never be able to visit the website again. It did have a cycle of reboots in the past, but Louis, the site owner, seemed sincere this time. It's a shame, too, since ZippCast had the advantage of being large, having a UI reminiscent of YouTube back in 2009 or so, and having mediocre copyright enforcement, which is more than I could say for YouTube. It really is basically like a 2009's YT, but modern. Was, sorry. The closest places in functionality I could find were Upload Society and Wenoo, but I heard bad things about them and probably won't make an account there. The ZC core community of Maklarr4000, NJP, spiderfan, CaptainNnif, mattwo, Cameron, and possibly x51dg I believe it was, correct me if I'm mistaken, Amandablue, Mr_Superannuated, GamingTopTens, possibly Kratos, and Alisson. If there are any former ZippCasters that would be considered part of the core community, please leave your name below. I myself would join but the website has an age limit of the seemingly completely arbitrary 23 years old.

Of course, I have to shout out two important people whom I made my content for in the first place - my subscriber, Maklarr4000, and my colleague in videomaking, Nintendo64World, who introduced me to the friends feature of the website.

HERE LIES ZIPPCAST
"IT WILL BE FIXED WITH THE NEW CORE"
2014-16

No comments:

Post a Comment